This Privacy Notice explains how the New Zealand Catholic Bishops Conference (NZCBC) collects, stores, uses and shares your personal information via this website. Openness and transparency are important to us. The Privacy Act 2020 requires us – like any other New Zealand agency – to tell you certain things about the personal information we need to carry out our functions. This is where we explain our website privacy practices and why you can trust us to handle your information with care and respect.
Use of Information
The New Zealand Catholic Bishops Conference (NZCBC) will collect and maintain in our database certain personally identifiable information from you only when you provide it to us on a voluntary basis, for example, when you make an inquiry, comment on our social media properties, contact us, subscribe to our newsletter or forums, or establish an email account.
Your email address will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it, and it will not be added to a mailing list or used for any other purpose without your consent.
We will not share any information about you with third parties, except as provided by civil privacy legislation.
Please be aware that this site does not provide facilities for the secure transmission of information across the Internet.
When you look at our website please be aware that our Internet Service Provider makes a record of your visit and logs information about it. This is the usual practice for an Internet Service Provider. This information may include but is not limited to:
Your server address
- Your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .co.nz etc)
- The date and time of your visit to the site
- The pages you accessed and documents downloaded
- The previous site you have visited
- The type of browser you are using
By using our site, you are consenting to our terms and conditions. We will review this Notice periodically, and if we ever change our notice, we shall post any changes on this page so that you are always kept informed of the information we collect, how we use it and the circumstances under which we disclose it, if at all.
If you have any questions or comments about our privacy notice, please contact us.
Cookies are small text files that are placed in your browser by the websites you visit. They are widely used to help users navigate websites efficiently, to perform certain functions on the sites, and/or to provide site owners with information about how their sites are used.
We also use tracking cookies with our web analytics tool to analyse non-identifiable web traffic data to improve our services. This data is aggregated and cannot personally identify you.
Most web browsers will allow you to set some control over cookies in your browser settings. This includes deleting them from your browser or disabling them altogether.
If you do choose to set your browser to disable all cookies, this may affect your ability to use some of the features on our site.
Ownership of copyright
The copyright in this website and the material on this website (including without limitation the text, computer code, artwork, photographs, images, music, audio material, video material and audio-visual material on this website) is owned by The New Zealand Catholic Bishops Conference and/or its licensors.
The New Zealand Catholic Bishops Conference grants to you a worldwide non-exclusive royalty-free revocable licence to:
- view this website and the material on this website on a computer or mobile device via a web browser;
- copy and store this website and the material on this website in your web browser cache memory; and
- print pages from this website for your own personal and non-commercial use.
The New Zealand Catholic Bishops Conference does not grant you any other rights in relation to this website or the material on this website. In other words, all other rights are reserved.
For the avoidance of doubt, you must not adapt, edit, change, transform, publish, republish, distribute, redistribute, broadcast, rebroadcast or show or play in public this website or the material on this website (in any form or media) without The New Zealand Catholic Bishops Conference’s prior written permission.
Images on the home page are credited as follows:
Home page Banner image: Youth on Bleachers : Chad Fernando (was taken at SetFree)
- Home page Banner image: Statue of Mary: Source - Caritas
- Home page Banner image: Bishop Patrick Dunn and two transitional Deacons, Anthony Trenwith and Tony King-Archer - NZ Catholic
- Homepage/About Us/New Zealand Catholic Bishops Conference– sourced from the Palmerston North Diocese
- About us /NZCBC / Catholic Maori image – sourced from the Palmerston North Diocese
- About us /NZCBC /Ecumenical – sourced from the Palmerston North Diocese
- About us/NZCBC/Interfaith - ©Cardinal John Dew
- About us/NZCBC/Liturgy – ©Cardinal John Dew
- About us/NZCBC/education - Image of pupils of St Pius, Glenn Innes
- About us/NZCBC/history/today - The Lui and Fai families with the Fresh flower leis for the offertory - Malia Lui
- About us /NZBC /History > Pre-1840 – sourced from the Palmerston North Diocese
- About us /NZBC /History > Te Tiriti – sourced from the Palmerston North Diocese
- Spirituality/Exploring Faith/Parishes - ©Cardinal John Dew
The New Zealand Catholic Bishops Conference accepts no responsibility for the content on external sites. External links are presented without warranty, express or implied. The descriptions of sites in these pages have been taken from the pages themselves and are not meant to express the opinions of The New Zealand Catholic Bishops Conference