Applications are invited for the position of Executive Officer for the New Zealand Catholic Bishops Conference.
The Conference is the assembly of the Catholic Bishops of New Zealand who carry out together functions best done collectively rather than individually by dioceses. The Executive Officer reports to the General Secretary of the Conference and works with the President and other bishops on various aspects of the Conference’s work.
The key tasks of the Executive Office include
• Support for the meetings of Conference and its Finance Committee, and actioning their decisions
• Responsibility for the smooth operation of the Secretariat
• Relationships with agencies, dioceses and external bodies
• Management of the Conference’s finances and records
• Liaison with ad hoc national advisory groups
• Liaison with the Conference Communications Advisor
The position is Wellington-based. The successful applicant will have a sound understanding of the Church, managerial experience, and excellent writing skills.
Curriculum vitae and covering letter should be sent by 18 February to Cardinal John Dew, PO Box 1937, Wellington (email@example.com) The job description is available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org